Quick question about jailbreak

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by justonesp00lturn, Oct 7, 2008.

1. justonesp00lturn

justonesp00lturn Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Sorry if this has been asked, before. I searched the forums for about twenty minutes, and didn't find the answer. I was thinking there might be a FAQ or something, but the wiki portion of the site isn't working.
    I'm just wondering if Jailbreaking an iPod is traceable... especially by updating my ipod or itunes software.
    I'm not too concerned about it being traceable in-store (I bought my iPod from a friend, so the warranty is already useless to me, anyway, because I have no proof of purchase, so I won't be taking it in if my iPod ever dies) but i'm just wondering if Apple looks for it when you update the iPod, or at all. Do I have to restore before every update, or is it fine to update the software if the iPod is jailbroken? Again, sorry if this has already been answered, and thanks a bunch.
  2. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

1) No one will ever be digging deep enough to find that you've jailbroken. A simple restore will erase 95% of traces, and a DFU restore will rid it of them all.

2) Warranty is valid for ALL iPod's. No proof of purchase is needed, the serial number tells the story.
  3. justonesp00lturn

justonesp00lturn Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    All right, sweet, thanks!
    On both accounts, haha. I didn't know my warranty was valid without the receipt.
  4. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

5. hakk79

hakk79 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Good answer.
  6. justonesp00lturn

justonesp00lturn Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch

Also many thanks to you, that's nifty

Please Register or Log in to view images

Sorry for noobing it up, guys. I've never owned an iPod and never been a big fan of Apple. My friend made me an offer I couldn't refuse on it (he got an iPhone about a month after the iPod, and sold it to me for $150, when it was retailing at $300 so I thought why not). And I've definitely never been much into hacking stuff.