Quick Q: just need a little help from the pros..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by crashwins, Sep 11, 2009.

1. crashwins

crashwins New Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Hello all

I'm new to forums (just got my first iPhone yesterday). So, I jailbroke my Touch no problem this summer. After getting my iPhone, it took me about an hour to get the same done (I realized I had the wrong firmware, which was keeping me in the "waiting to reboot" mode awhile). But, I was successful, and the phone is jailbroken -- cydia, sbsettings, the whole 9. The kicker is: I get no service with my SIM (I'm an ATT user). I had read before putting my SIM in that some people were having issues staying off 3G and EDGE despite bossprefs and sbsettings (thereby racking up huge bills -- I don't want data, just wifi and texting) so I decided to visit my buddy at ATT (a manager) and have him totally disable EDGE and 3G for my whole family plan. Right when I left the store (before I put in my SIM in the iPhone and was using a crappy Pantech) I noticed there was no more "E" on my phone. I'm wondering, why am I not getting service? Do I need to unlock the phone now? Does the fact that I had him do this prevent me from using the iPhone because it needs some communication with EDGE or 3G? Anyway, any help would be appreciated. Thanks a lot for reading -- just want to join the club. Here are my specs (below)

iPhone 3G 8GB
    FW: 3.0 (7A341)
    Jailbroke with redsnow 7.2
  2. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Have you tried shutting down the iPhone with your SIM in place?

You can unlock it but that is up to you.

Might want to try the entire process over again with the latest version of redsn0w.