Quick Pwning Advice

Discussion in 'Pwnage and Winpwn Discussions' started by mikesgroove, Apr 5, 2008.

1. mikesgroove

mikesgroove New Member

So maybe this isn't thread-worthy, but I think it's a good tip.

Although the pwnapple is cool, and the steve jobs restore screen is hilarious, I think it's a good idea to use pwned firmware without the dev team's graphics. Kind of a bit of insurance in case you get stuck at the boot screen or whatever, like what seems to have happened to a few people. That way you can take it back to the Apple Store without fear of them knowing it was hacked.

On a side note, One time after I had restored to a pwned firmware, my touch got a little screwy and was stuck at the boot apple with the SWOD. Actually, first, while it was syncing it was at the lock screen and the battery had a SWOD in the middle of it and I couldn't slide to cancel. So I knew something was up. I got a couldn't write to device error, unplugged, put it into restore mode, and restored with my pwned fw and all was right in the world.

I say this just so people now that Pwnage, like all Jailbreaks, can go a little funky. But, like always, you can always put it into restore mode and you're fine (with the possibility of a couple exceptions).

DON"T FREAK OUT if you have an issue. You will be okay!
  2. eric_chaos

eric_chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Thats what im gonna do
  3. mikesgroove

mikesgroove New Member

It at least adds a layer of "safety" to the whole process.
  4. iAlexander

iAlexander New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    This is exactly what I was thinking! I'm going to do that, and insist that everyone I know does the same.
  5. mossme89

mossme89 Member

what ipods are being bricked? is it mostly 16/32GB?
  6. eric_chaos

eric_chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    its still better to be on the safe side