Quick Note About ZodTTD

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by seanG, May 18, 2009.

1. seanG

seanG Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I've seen a few people complaining about ZodTTD now "forcing" you to donate to upgrade your apps. Specifically gameboy4iphone since the current release is in beta for now. I want to explain why it shows up in Cydia.

ZodTTD likes to give back to his donors and anyone who helps him out or helps support him. He has had a beta repo. That repo wasn't working right so he decided to just incorporate it into his public one. Anyone who is currently a beta tester can just scroll down on any package that is in beta and there is an option to upgrade your account if you're already a tester. Any full release that has been free will remain free just like it has.

Just wanted to clear that up for some of you because some people seemed confused about it.
  2. BMatt

BMatt New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Thank you for clarifying, I hope this will calm some people down. +1
  3. -Xi-

-Xi- Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    Either way, how he's gone about this is shady.
  4. BMatt

BMatt New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    No. If you read the first post, you would understand there is an explanation for his "shady actions".
  5. -Xi-

-Xi- Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    I read the post. I get that ZodTTD is all about giving back to his donors. However, he's screwing over anyone who doesn't pay him. If he wanted to make it a pay-app, then he should have put it in the Cydia Store instead of as a normal update.
  6. seanG

seanG Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Shady? And how in any way is this being shady?
  7. -Xi-

-Xi- Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    He stuck an update you have to pay for into the standard Cydia categories so that anyone who doesn't pay gets stuck with an update badge on their springboard.

I don't know about you, but I've put a lot of work into my springboard, and I don't want to deal with a now permanent update badge because I don't want to give money to ZodTTD.
  8. BMatt

BMatt New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I would like to thank you for your help in my Mini vMac thread, and then show this:
    The beta repo is currently not functioning, so this is the only way to distribute it. He is not 'forcing" anyone to download. I hope you are not mad at me, I am just pointing this out to prevent harsh feelings towards a very good developer.
  9. seanG

seanG Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    There was a fix for that in that other idiotic thread.
  10. -Xi-

-Xi- Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    Why would I get mad at you?

I was looking at it as being a permanent thing - if it's just a temporary fix and will go away in a few days, I see no issue with it.

I really thought it was just ZodTTD trying to pull something to get more donations.