quick newbie question

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by radiospy, Mar 16, 2009.

1. radiospy

radiospy New Member

Hi guys!
    This is my first post, I have done a search and cannot seem to find a direct answer.
    I am using itunes software, I want to ensure that my apps data is backed up as I have typed all my contacts, and don't fancy typing them all again!
    Does the itunes software do this or is there a simple prog out there I can use?
    Thanks in advance
  2. gilyoder

gilyoder New Member

iTunes backs up most normal stuff on your iPod Touch or iPhone. When I jailbroke my iPod Touch a few days ago, nearly everything was restored at the end of the process. The only thing that was not restored was a bit of data on a third party application. Another third party app had its data restored just fine.

The difference I think is where an application stores its data. AFAIK if the data is stored in the standard SQL database, that data will be restored. If the data is stored in application files, it will not be restored.

I don't know yet what would be done with apps from Cydia (and other repos), but I don't think they would be restored by iTunes.
  3. G8D

G8D New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    iTunes backs up like mail accounts, settings, notes, contacts and apps (if they are on the computer too) it does not back up music etc as thats already to be resynced.

Cydia apps are not backed up by iTunes, there is a program coming to acomplish this.
    Chris Strouds Utilities, hopefully coming soon..