Quick Mail Question

Discussion in 'iPhone Applications on iPod touch' started by Evalocity7, Dec 12, 2007.

1. Evalocity7

Evalocity7 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Ok so I've looked at all the mail application guides but none of them seem to work for me.

I've tried making a mail account using Yahoo and Gmail through something called IzyMail and whenever I click Save after entering all my information when creating an account, a pop-up comes saying "Cannot connect - would you like to try verifying without SSL" or something along the lines of that...I click yes, and the exact samething pops up again and I click yes again...Then it goes through and then I go to the mail application and it sits there and loads but nothing comes...

Am I doing something wrong...? For some reason it just quit working because I use to do Yahoo mail through IzyMail and it worked just fine...Now it's not working for some reason...
  2. Evalocity7

Evalocity7 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
  3. Evalocity7

Evalocity7 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Ok it's been a couple days and still no help...

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hmmm... seems like two different things here.

First, how long have you been using IzyMail? If I remember correctly from what I read, it's only got a 30 day trial, then you pay.

Second, with regard to the not being able to use Gmail or Yahoo - Gmail doesn't require IzyMail. You can set it up for POP or IMAP (DON'T select the Gmail button when you set it up, however - use the Other button). Oh, and you need to go into Gmail and turn on POP or IMAP depending on which one you want to use...
  5. Evalocity7

Evalocity7 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Ok is there a guide on here how to do everything for that? (Setting gmail on POP or IMAP or whatever?)

Alright I figured it out...You actually DO go to the Gmail button and set up the account there after going to settings and turning IMAP or POP on.
  6. jholmes8

jholmes8 New Member

No you don't. First go to your gmail account and click Settings and then Forwarding and POP/IMAP & verify that your POP and Imap are enabled.

Then follow these instructions from Google to properly set up the mail.app to work on your touch and keep it in sync with your Gmail account.
  7. Evalocity7

Evalocity7 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Your method worked for me also, but what I said works for me too.