Quick libusb on vista question...

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by Joppin14, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Joppin14

Joppin14 New Member

I'm about to use QuickFreedom to jailbreak my ipod and I don't have libusb..... I know there is somewhere that you change something to something else (pretty vague, right? lol)...... I must know, what do I change and do I change it before or after I install it?

And where do I access it at?
  2. ExtremePod

ExtremePod New Member

Ok, here's the deal with LibUSB. If you install it in Vista (without changing settings) it may cause your drivers to break, and your peripherals and such will stop functioning. There is a workaround. Get the standalone (separate from QuickFreedom) LibUSB installer from SourceForge. Once you have downloaded it, right-click it and click on Properties. There should be a tab at the top of the dialog box that says Compatibility. Click the tab, then choose to run the program in Windows XP compatibility mode. Click OK and install LibUSB. After it installs, you can run QuickFreedom and it will indicate that LibUSB has already been installed. Now you can start on the jailbreak.
  3. Joppin14

Joppin14 New Member

Thanks bro.... it worked.

Now my Touch is complete!