iOS 3.1 Quick Jailbreak Question

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by sfazngiants, Nov 4, 2009.

1. sfazngiants

sfazngiants Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have a Ipod Touch 2nd Gen 16GB, that i bought when they were first released in store. And recently fell interest into jailbreaking my touch. I plan to use blackrain, but have a few questions about jailbreaking.

1. Will i lose the apps, music, movies, and photos that are on my touch, or will i need to restore my touch. I have too much music, apps, and movies that i do not want to jailbreak if i lose these things on my touch

2. My touch was originally on the 2.0 version and i did the update and am currently on 3.1.2. Can i still jailbreak using black rain?

3. After jailbreaking, will i still be able to buy songs, movies, and apps from itunes store?

My main problem with jailbreaking is that i'm afraid that i will lose my songs, movies, apps, photos thats on my ipod touch right now.
  2. touchy touchy

touchy touchy New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    nup nothing will go away with blackra1n and dont fully turn it of or you will have to run blackra1n again and yo can still buy songs yes
  3. sfazngiants

sfazngiants Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i thought jailbreaking with black rain is only for the 3rd generations ipod touch's?
  4. touchy touchy

touchy touchy New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
  5. sfazngiants

sfazngiants Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    so if i'm getting this info right, if i used black rain, i keep all my songs, movies...etc thats currently on my touch, and i do not need to restore and i still have full access to itunes, am i correct?
  6. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Yep, that's correct. There is no need to restore unless something messes up, somehow.
  7. sfazngiants

sfazngiants Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    cool, looks like i will jailbreak with black rain soon. so everytime i turn off my touch or if my battery dies, i will need to jailbreak again? or just need to run black rain again? and which should i get cydia?
  8. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Well you'll just need to run blackra1n and press 'make it ra1n' again. It's the same jailbreaking process, but you're not jailbreaking again

Please Register or Log in to view images

It will turn on and everything will be exactly the same as it was when you turned it off. And yea, get Cydia. I personally have Cydia and Rock, but it's your choice.
  9. kingcoolryan

kingcoolryan Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    i dont think you need to rerun jailbreak because your on a 2nd generation ipod touch that is unteathered(stays on even if turned off).. the rerun is only for ipod touh 3g and new iphones 3gs (correct me if im wrong)
  10. sfazngiants

sfazngiants Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    so even if i recharge my ipod when it turned off, i will still need to run black rain from my computer again? that kind of sucks, what would happened if my touch turned off from draining out the battery and i charged it, will i still be able to use my touch with out running black rain again?

@kindcoolryan, thats what i though as well