iPhone 3GS Quick iPhone 3GS question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by johnkaiba, Jun 26, 2009.

?

What should I do?

Poll closed Jul 3, 2009.
  1. Get a 3G it will always be jailbreakable

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Get a 3GS it will be jailbreakable

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. Get a 3GS anyway

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. johnkaiba

johnkaiba New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ok so I'm thinking of getting an iPhone 3GS and I'm confused about the purplera1n stuff. If I get an iPhone 3GS and run it off of AT&T then do I need to do the purplera1n to still get the jailbreak to work later when that comes out. Or is purplera1n for unlocking the phone. Thanks for help. I probably will see how dumb this question is once i get the answer

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. twigster9

twigster9 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I think that purplera1n is the jailbreak. The unlock will use ultrasn0w like the iPhone 3G. The jailbreak will be out in the not too distance future as it is vulnerable to the 24kpwn bootrom exploit. It also has the same baseband as the iPhone 3G.
  3. johnkaiba

johnkaiba New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ok so i figured out purplera1n. but now i have to figure out something else. I might be getting an iPhone in a couple of weeks. Would it be better to get the 3GS or the 3G. my thoughts are that some people say with a software update i might not be able to jailbreak the 3GS at all. and the 3G already has a jailbreak available. So I dont want to buy a 3GS with a firmware update at 3.0.1 or something and not be able to jailbreak ever, cus i love everything about the jailbreak the themes and stuff, so i dont want that to go away and i be stuck with an actual iPhone that does normal iPhone stuff

. I put this in here cus i didnt want to start a new thread. Thanks for any help that can get me past my fears of buyin an iPhone 3GS or 3G.

4. twigster9

twigster9 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    The iPhone 3GS has a hole on it's bootrom that will male it jailbreakable for life.