quick iphone 3.0 fw question

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by Covenant550, Jun 16, 2009.

1. Covenant550

Covenant550 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hey so i've been on vacation for a few weeks and came back with a simple quesiton about the iphone 3.0 firmware. The 3.0 fw has video recording right? If so will it work on the iphone 2g? Also if nto what features in 3.0 wont work on the 2g iphone?
  2. iptman

iptman Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    new 3.0 features should work, including video... the 3gs is mainly a speed/memory upgrade with a new camera
  3. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Wrong, sorry. Look at this comparison chart - http://www.apple.com/iphone/compare-iphones/
  4. franky_402

franky_402 New Member

video wont even work on the iphone 3g as i heard or voice control which is purely software. just another way for apple to make everyone upgrade and make more money, these features are on my little sisters free phone and we are buying multiple phones to get the same
  5. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Video does work on the 3G S. I didn't realize your sisters free phone has a gorgeous multi touch display, 16/32 GB storage, a 600 mhz processor with 256 MB Ram shall I continue? Just because the design is the same, doesn't make this a "small" update. The internals have been heavily reworked. The faster processor will make a huge difference down the road.
  6. Alok

Alok New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You will not get:
    MMS (3G iPhone do!)
    Video Recording
    Compass
    Voice Control
  7. franky_402

franky_402 New Member

i wasnt talking about that stuff, im talking about the basics like the voice dialing, video recording, mms the basic features that most phones have that iphones are just now getting. voice control is purely software, and the 2g not being able to send mms, that is just rediculous