Quick Info Please

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Jailbreak' started by djblue, Feb 8, 2008.

1. djblue

djblue New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I Wanted to jailbreak my ipod since it came out but i was wondering if i downgrade my ipod do i lose all my songs ? if i do is their anyway to recover my song since i got them from a whole bunch of places.

Thanks,

P.S: If anyone has any simple guides to jailbreak it please just post a link.
  2. deveelx

deveelx New Member

I believe so. When you downgrade from 1.1.3 to 1.1., you will lose all songs and datas from your iPod touch since downgrading will require you to restore your iPod to factory settings to be able to completely downgrade. You can make back-ups with a certain program like iPhoneBrowser. But it doesn't make a complete back-up. You can also make back-up with Total Commander*. You will need iPoT plug-in for the Total Commander for that. Oh yeah, since your iPod touch is currently un-touched or un-jailbroken, backing up may be impossible but it doesn't hurt to try. I haven't tried backing with an un-touched iPoT.
    As for downgrading and jailbreaking tutorial, there are tons of tutorial all over the forums but there's too many of them you won't even know where or which one is to follow. There are also many tutorials over YouTube if you perefer. One tutorial I can suggest is this one here.

-------
    *Total Commander Installation tutorial here.
  3. DxTania

DxTania Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    If you have a Mac you're in luck, there's a free program floating around somewhere that copies all your songs to your harddrive...if you have a PC like me, then you're not completely out of luck but you can buy a program called TouchCopy for about 20 dollars to be able to do the same thing. Hope it helped :]