Quick Help - Installing iComic without Wifi

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Nightsta1ker, Oct 19, 2008.

1. Nightsta1ker

Nightsta1ker New Member

i was wondering if any of you guys could help me install icomic or any comic viewer on my touch (i dont have wifi) - but someone told me to use total commander, So i have set it up with T-Pot and can view my touch directory.

Thanks guys!
  2. gojohnnyboi

gojohnnyboi Well-Known Member

even if you were able to place it on the ipod, you will need a way to set its permissions correctly once it is on
  3. Nightsta1ker

Nightsta1ker New Member

Alright mate.i am new to this, i have no clue about that.. what would you suggest i should do? for someone like me without wifi.

ive jailbroken it using version 2.0.2.

Any help would be really appreciated
  4. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

Get MobileTerminal and set the permissions on iConic.app to +777. Otherwise get WiFi and use Cydia or WinSCP to set permissions with a GUI.
  5. Nightsta1ker

Nightsta1ker New Member

ok so if i understand it correctly i need to use total commander to transfer both the icomic and the terminal app to the ipod?

and then run the terminal app from the touch when it shows up?
    sorry for sounding like a noob mate but im new to this..im learning from what you guys suggest.

thanks again
  6. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

You'd need something to set the permissions on MobileTerminal in the first place, and I don't know if TC will do that for you.
  7. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Two useful threads:

1. The Various Methods of File Transfer
    2. Enter Terminal Codes On Your iPhone/iPod Touch Through Terminal

Though, to echo the above comments, you're going to have trouble setting permissions... best to pop into Starbucks or something and use their wifi to download iComic from Cydia along with (Mobile)Finder. Use Mobile Finder to create your /Comic directory and set your permissions on this directory (c.f.: Modify -> set 'Owner' to Read,Write,Exec; 'Group' to Read & Exec; 'Everyone' to Read & Exec).

Then upload your zipped comics to your device using Total Commander... Not sure if this will definitely work but worth a shot!

~*~ Ultimate iComic & ComicViewer Thread ~*~
  8. Nightsta1ker

Nightsta1ker New Member

Thanks man, ill try to find a wifi spot for that.
    but for regular games or apps is there any way to install them using total commander or any other software?
  9. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Try setting permissions with mobilefinder (installed through wifi) and if that works you may be good to go with copying apps and games through total commander and setting permissions from mobilefinder. Again I'm not sure but worth a shot.