Quick Help? Can't Edit DMG..

Discussion in 'iOS Development' started by xXrkidXx, May 1, 2010.

1. xXrkidXx

xXrkidXx Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Well I decrypted a DMG and for some reason I can't edit any of the files within it or add files to it.. I only have read privileges(OS X) can somebody help me? I don't understand why i can't change anything because I decrypted it... Shouldn't that allow me to change files? And also, I tried going to Get Info and giving myself permissions but even the Lock button was greyed out... Any suggestions?

EDIT

What permissions do I use in Terminal(chmod xxxx)?? To make it read/write? I'm going to try 777 first.. Somebody let me know if this is wrong..

EDIT 2

777 did it but for some reason after I mount the DMG I no longer have 777(Read and Write)

How do I set permissions for a mounted DMG( Like how do I set them for something that isn't located on my hardrive, that's another "hardrive" if you will?

EDIT

tried just chmod on the volume(/Volume/longnamethatidontfellliketyping) But it said it's read only.. Well Thank you terminal, I knew that and I was trying to change that... >.< can anybody help me?
  2. Pelaez-1

Pelaez-1 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Well, if you can't write to it, you can't change it's permissions.

You can use sudo to change permissions as root and you shouldn't have any problems.
  3. xXrkidXx

xXrkidXx Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I was trying to do it as root (sudo su)...

But whatever. New problems.. I hope it's just the latest version of iTunes will fix it but.. I edited it in TransMac for Windows and it worked.. Compiled the DMG correctly in the right format and it's not compatible.. Although I'm really behind the time for iTunes on OS X so an update will (BETTER.. It's 12:30 in the AM and im pretty pissed off this didn't work) fix my issue..