Quick Freedom help please

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by jesusfish, Apr 4, 2009.

1. jesusfish

jesusfish New Member

Ok, firstly im really not that great at all this technical stuff, but ive downloaded Quickfreedom and managed to download Libusb so ive got the first tick on step 1.

However it says that the original 2.2.1 hardware was not found - even though i have my ipod plugged in and have also tried downloading the restore thing. The ipod is definitely version 2.2.1 as it says on itunes.

On quickfreedom it also says 'browse' but what am i supposed to be looking for? I cant find any files relating to any 2.2.1 firmware or whatever it is.

Does anyone know what i can do?
  2. justan

justan New Member

No no no....lol. You need to download the 2.2.1 firmware to make a custom one. Its not asking you about your ipods firmware.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Here you know what. I uploaded a custom firmware to a site. PM me and I can give you the link so you dont need to bother making one.
  3. Ohfoohy

Ohfoohy Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Or you could just browse to the original....
    C:\Doc. Setting\USER\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPod Softwre Update\iPod1_2,2,1_5AH1Restore
    (Something like that...)