Quick Firmware Update Question

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by jpzsports, Jan 30, 2009.

1. jpzsports

jpzsports New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    This is the first update (2.2.1) that I'll be doing on my 1st gen Ipod Touch other than when I updated to 2.2 when I first got my Touch. I just have a few questions:

1. According to the dev team, I'm suppose to update my Touch using iTunes and then use QuickPWN.

If I update, will I lose all the apps that I have? What about jailbroken apps? And other apps that I got from Cydia like SBSettings?

Thanks
  2. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    You'll lose all jailbroken aspects of your iPod, but you can resync your App Store apps after the update.
  3. lukage

lukage New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I updated and all my jailbroken apps are gone except using make it mine on 2.2 I changed the ipod word in top left and that has stayed as what i edited it as and also I enabled percentage battery so it displays number instead of the icon and that has stayed as a number
  4. jpzsports

jpzsports New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    So basically I just need to update and then reinstall any missing jailbroken apps and then I'll be good to go?
  5. Waylonzzz

Waylonzzz New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    before you do so, you can download APTbackup in Cydia. That lets you make a copy of every app you downloaded via cydia. When you plug in your ipod into your computer, it'll sync that data with your regular apps at the appstore. after you jailbreak the next version, redownload aptbackup in cydia and press restore. Your jailbroken apps should be in your springboard, but the saved data may or may not remain.