quick and dirty app-maker app

Discussion in 'Application Ideas' started by witash, Jul 21, 2008.

1. witash

witash New Member

Ok, so i might have an idea for an app...a lot of apps like the nytimes and bank of america apps are just basically "wrappers" for websites. They getthe same information as is on the webpage, but just use the native UIKit widgets to make the information more readable. So, my idea is an app that would let users make these type of apps themselves, obviously with no coding ability. For example, my college has a portal for students, which is difficult to use through safari. So with my app, I would be able to quickly create a menu and some other controls to only show the relevant information on my ipod, just like the nytimes app. I have no idea how i would do this yet; its just an idea.
  2. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Why not just type in the URL?
  3. mrgas2004

mrgas2004 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    this is a great idea. ive always wanted to create my own app but i just never knew how to
  4. witash

witash New Member

To Stephen.4, i dont think i explained it very well. What i want to do is make an app that will let people make specialized (albeit simple) apps to view web pages USING UIKIT, not just safari. So make custom tables/menues and tabbar items to let them access the site in a more iphone friendly way. I dont know how feasible this is, but its a thought.