Questions

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by Vapourstreak, Feb 23, 2008.

1. Vapourstreak

Vapourstreak New Member

1) What are the risks of jailbreaking an iPod Touch? is it possible for the touch to get bricked? is there ANY risks?

2) Is there a way i cna go through safari on my ipod touch and automatically jailbreak it using a web app or something?
  2. iROCKnikes123

iROCKnikes123 New Member

SEARCH ! .
  3. Wyatt2987

Wyatt2987 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Few risk of jailbreaking:
    1) If you jailbreak and your iPod goes AWOL and you have to return it, your warranty won't cover it because its jailbroken.
    2) You could totally f*** up your iPod
    3) Your iPod might act stupidly after jailbreak
    4) Everytime you update your iPod you have to wait for the new jailbreak software and your current jailbreak will be lost.

Conclusion: Dont risk it!

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    The worst that will happen is that you won't follow directions and you will have to restore it which isn't a big deal. iTunes will restore it to the way it came from the factory. It a lot of fun to hack it but please follow the tutorials and don't flood the forum with dumb questions. Have fun and enjoy!

P.S. Make sure the poepl you take advise from know what they are talking about.
  5. mikesgroove

mikesgroove New Member

There really aren't any risks. I haven't had a problem that a little searching and creativity haven't been able to fix. JB is fun, you can get a lot of apps, some useful, some useless, and you can always restore. As far as voiding your warranty, you just have to restore, and if for some reason you manage to be the first person to actually brick your Touch, well, Apple won't be able to tell because it's bricked! Never tell them you JB'ed and you'll be fine.

Have fun!

PS Be sure to search before you ask common questions, it makes the forum a better place for everyone and people will jump down your throat yelling SEARCH!!!! if you don't.

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. ipod touch fan

ipod touch fan New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    1st. it is impossible to brick and ipod. maybe li .00000000000001 of 1,000,000,000,000,0000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 in the iphone. But trust me nothing that can be undone.

2nd. there a a few problems but until now. all can be fix. As far as i know.

3d. if you have any problems just ask me or any mod.

(p.s. i am not a mod. would like to be very much since i can help people and i think i have never flame, and third i cannot become one because of the post. but i think i can be a mod if it wasn't for the post count. i also know spanish, so i can be a mod there. but i like better english. although my countries main language is sapnish i am bilengual.)
  7. sct_nh

sct_nh New Member

desparation.