Questions...

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by E93, Mar 13, 2009.

1. E93

E93 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have a few questions.
    Well, first, if you didn't look up at that little thing up there, yeah, I have an iPod Touch 2G 2.2.1, and I want to jailbreak it, but I'm just waiting for the official PWNage Tool, a little bit more trustworthy.

But anyhow, I need some questions answered.
    What is Cydia?
    Installer?
    [PIRACY]us?
    What's the difference between these three? I've heard of all of them, but they sound the same to me...

Another question: If I jailbreak, can I still get normal Apps on it, or get my old apps back on it somehow, if I back them up before? And how would I do that?

Thanks for the help

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. thejester

thejester New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Cydia and Installer are both apps where you download the 3rd party apps/themes/mods etc. They difference is just the sources.
    [PIRACY]us does something that we can't talk about, cause it's illegal.
    And yes, you can still get normal apps, you still have Apple's app store, so you can just download it with your Apple ID, and it'll let you get your apps. Or, if they're in iTunes, you can sync the apps from there to your iPod.
  3. E93

E93 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Can you just tell me what it does?
    Like, don't talk about it, just tell me what it is.
  4. ALBIM

ALBIM New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You can still get regular app store apps like usual, and you can also get your apps back through iTunes as well.

Installer and Cydia are basically the same thing, it's like the jailbroken apps store. You can get themes, add-ons, games, anything really.

[PIRACY]us is an app that downloads cracked (free) apps, which are not to be discussed here.