questions - wifi, syncing high res photos, and USB internet?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mikeeey1337, Oct 22, 2009.

1. mikeeey1337

mikeeey1337 New Member

Hey everyone I just got my ipod touch 3rd gen 32gb. It's really awesome. It's FAST!!

I just had some questions I haven't been able to resolve yet.

1. How can I transfer my high res pictures to my ipod without conversion and losing quality?
    When syncing photos is there any way to stop the "optimization" process it goes through? My photos went from being super high res crisp pictures to low quality 640 x 480 pics. I've already jailbroken my ipod and using SSH, so these options are open for me as well. Even a different photo app someone could recomend?

2. Basically I just want to know if there's a way to store hidden and secure networks so they show up when a wifi connection is required?
    The internet at my house is not only a secure connection, but it's also hidden. It's annoying because each time I have to click "other" and connect to it through the settings. In my room I get a really bad signal, so here's the weird part. If I connect without entering a password it sometimes doesn't find it or it has very low signal. But if I connect and select WPA and enter the password it usually has a better chance of finding it and connecting and better signal.

3. internet on ipod touch with USB cable?
    Can I get an internet connection on my iphone using my computer's internet via USB cable? NOT with wifi, NOT with a wifi card from my computer, just directly through the USB cable.
    I saw this here. I tried to do it, and got lost part way through:
    http://alk2blog.blogspot.com/2008/08/ssh-to-get-your-iphone-online-via-usb.html

thanks!
  2. SoBe

SoBe Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    when i use the app WiFiFoFum it sometimes finds hidden networks. and for #3, is it really worth all those instructions? cause thats a long guide.