questions regarding 2.0

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by felixen, Jul 23, 2008.

1. felixen

felixen Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    1: Does 2.0 support more video formats than previously (which was ridicolous)?

2: Can I have a jailbroken 2.0 while still having the app store? And if I can, what are the chances of Apple suddenly releasing something via iTunes that can detect my jailbroken ipod touch?

3: Will jailbreak continue to be as big now as it was before 2.0? I mean with the app store I guess a few people will abandon jailbreak and only develop for the app store..?

thanks
  2. arrannen

arrannen New Member

jailbreaking....

1. Not sure, havent tried anything as all my movies are .mp4 format specific for appletv/Ipod

2. Sure. I've bought quite a few apps from the Itunes store, have a full sync going every time I plug it in, and...Honestly, why would apple care if you jailbreak your ipod anyway? My jailbroken 2.0 Ipod touch is the talk of the town at the local apple store. Hell, half THEIR ipods/iphones are jailbroken too!

3. Yes, it will. Remember that a new firmware was just released that changed most of the way the apps behave....really its like having to build an application from scratch for a new operating system. It takes time and a LOT of patience. Even teh Installer.app has to be rebuilt so my advice is to be patient. MOST of the fun of owning an ipod/iphone/mac is making it pretty and most are an extension of their owners personality, so as LONG as there is hardware that can be customized people WILL find a way to do-so.

so sit back, enjoy your ipod and keep an eye on development of the basics! Nothing will be gained by spamming the forums with "when will it be ready??" when the developers are convinced it is error free and working, they will release it. I'd NEVER want to rush them and get a lousy product that only half works.

peace!
  3. felixen

felixen Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    alright, that's great man! thanks for your post