Questions, Questions, Questions.

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by L0LH4X, Nov 18, 2007.

1. L0LH4X

L0LH4X New Member

hello!!!

im gettin my iTouch at christmas (yay!) ill be jailbreakin it obviously! and i need plenty of questions answering

Please Register or Log in to view images

1. Which is the best jail breaking program? Ive watched: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=nLjab_dmWCg and that seems to work well.

2. If I screw up my ipod touch jail break, could i just force restore it, or would that screw it up even more :S?

3. I will oviously want to have music and videos etc on there, so, when my ipod is jailbroken will it still be able to sync with itunes and update (or will i have to keep it at 1.1)?

4. The 300MB problem. i really dont want to have this BUT if it arises i need a soultion, and yeh i have searched alot! and found a answer which i dont understand!

(-. If you're not already there, navigate to /var/root and rename Media to Media_sym
    -. Rename Mediaold to Media. Keep the FTP and SSH windows open.
    -. Open iTunes and allow it to activate. If it doesn't recognize your iPod, reboot it and/or restart iTunes.) What does that mean? lol

Lol sorry about this i bet you hear these questions every day! i feel like such a noob :S I just i dont wanna spend $400 on a touch and totally screw it up! thanks !
  2. simonrichards150

simonrichards150 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    So many questions

1. I used jailbreakme.com to jailbreak my ipod because it came with 1.1.1 on it, then when i updated to 1.1.2 i used the tutorial on this forum.

2. Yes you can force restore it, theres not really any way that you can brick an ipod by jailbreaking (afaik).

3. Syncing works just fine.

4. You will have to look into that solution you found a bit more. Basically it moves the applications into the largest partition in the ipod, which is where your music/videos/photos go, too.