Questions/Possible Bugs

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by DrSextel, Oct 20, 2007.

1. DrSextel

DrSextel New Member

I am not sure if anyone else has noticed this or not but I have found a couple possible bugs. iPod is 16GB running 1.1.1..... Ran TouchFree5 on it successfully (but I noticed this prior as well)...

The first thing I noticed is that when viewing Cover Flow, there are 4 albums at the end that aren't in alphabetical order and they are always stuck at the end. Is there any way to "move" them? I have other albums by the same artist and they are in correct alphabetical order but for some reason one album from each of these artists is stuck at the end...

Second thing... I have two albums with the exact same name (Youth in this case... one by Collective Sould and one By Matisyahu)... If a song by Matisyahu is not playing (or has not played recently), the cover flow shows the album cover of the Collective Soul album. If a song by Matisyahu is playing, the album cover switches to the Matisyahu cover but it is in the Collective's Soul's position. When you click on the album cover to view the songlist, it show's Collective Soul's Album cover in the top right corner. If you go to the Albums view (not cover flow). Youth is only listed by Collective Soul... If you go to the Artists list and go to Matisyahu, Youth is listed as an album there, and in the Songs view, the songs from the album are listed....

Can anyone else confirm this bug? Or better yet, know of a way to correct it?

Also, does anyone know of a way to pull the songs off from the iPod touch and transfer them to a computer?
  2. music4life

music4life Active Member

Alright, seeing as I don't have two artists with the same album name I can't confirm the second "bug". But as for the first one, wow, you're very observant my friend it would have taken me years to notice anything was out of place. Hmm, I'm sure there's a simple ID3 tag problem or something causing this.
  3. DrSextel

DrSextel New Member

Ok... I fixed the above issues. I went into iTunes and selected each song from the albums in question... It turns out that some of them had "featured artists" so I just changed the artist for every track to read the same thing. After doing so, iTunes synced with the touch and it placed the album in the correct position is Cover Flow. As for the albums with the same name... I just put a period after it (so it now reads Youth.) and it appeared in Cover Flow as well...

Now, does anyone know a way to pull songs off of the iPod Touch at put them on a PC? After I input 20 or so CDs into the iTunes Library, I then sync it with the Touch and delete them from the iTunes Library. I would like to be able to back up the iPod though if anything happens. I know that if I don't delete them from the iTunes Library, I won't have to worry about this, but space on this hard drive is an issue (too much stuff stored as it is....)
  4. thomashayes

thomashayes New Member

Also if you have various artists, or featured artists like that on one album, if you click 'Compilation' at the bottom it'll keep the data but group it as one album.
  5. sagsi

sagsi New Member

Hmm ... when you have one of those "in the wrong place" covers up in CoverFlow, if you right-mouse-button click on the cover, one of the options is "Change Sort" with a drop-down of several choices. This may help ... ?
  6. DrSextel

DrSextel New Member

Ok... Thanks for the information! I saw that, but I wasn't sure if it would help... Will have to try it out if it happens again..... I am managing to fill my Touch... Have about 4GB left!!! 2400 songs or so and counting...

Please Register or Log in to view images

Can't wait for the 32GB version to come out and I can give this one to my wife ;-)