Questions on Syncing

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by covaloch, Oct 20, 2008.

1. covaloch

covaloch New Member

Hi here are my questions:

1. With syncing for music and video, does deleting the file from my pc, mean that the file on my Touch will be deleted as well?

2. Is there anyway for me to create an ipod video, xfer it to the ipod touch, then delete the file on my pc? (With syncing on)

3. When manually managing for example, say, videos, if i've already transfered a movie onto my touch, and i've deleted the file from my pc, will itunes delete the file on my touch for me?

Sorry but i've very little free space on my harddisk and I find it stupid that i need to have the exact same library on my computer. I bought the ipod for a reason, and its for it to have a library all onto itself, and not just a duplicate of my pc's files. It should allow me to delete what i want on my pc and not affect what's on my ipod. =)
  2. JohnyW

JohnyW New Member

If anything is deleted off of iTunes, the next time you sync your iPod, anything that was there before you deleted it will disappear. The same is with the source video or whatever. If you delete it from your computer, the video is we from iTunes since there is no source file to extract from.
  3. Kontents

Kontents New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    As long as it is on your Ipod then you can delete the file from your computer and not worry about it. Once its on your Ipod you have to manually remove it. Itunes will only sync songs to it if they havent already been added. Doesnt delete the files from your Ipod if its removed from Itunes.
  4. sjleworthy

sjleworthy New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    just switch on manual sync in itunes and you can delete/add things from your pc and ipod individually from each other without effecting each other.