iOS 3.1 Questions on Blackra1n

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by CheeseBurgerMan, Oct 16, 2009.

1. CheeseBurgerMan

CheeseBurgerMan New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey! I didn't search because this topic is about MY iPod and I will tell you what MY iPod is like. =)

Soo i have an iPod Touch 2G, running 2.2.1 Jailbroken with "QuickFreedom"

I have some questions about upgrading to 3.1.2 and THEN jailbreaking with "Blackra1n".

I understand that with Blackra1n, you must be running the firmware before jailbreak, whereas with QuickFreedom, it created a custom firmware for you to restore to, that IS the jailbreak.

Now, when I jailbreak my 2.2.1, I won't be able to just shove it in Blackra1n then, will I?

OK, Questions:

1. When updating to 3.1.2, should I restore to normal (non-jailbroken) 2.2.1, then click upgrade? Or just click Upgrade, while I'm still jailbroken?

2. If i upgrade, i understand that i will lose all of my jailbroken apps. But, if this works and I am running 3.1.2 Jailbroken, what happens if they make a 3.1.3 or a 3.2? Will I be able to click upgrade in iTunes, have to do a full restore or use Blackra1n to somehow do it?

3. Does blackra1n create any unneccesary boot logos or recovery logos?

Finally, the reason why I am jailbreaking is that 8 of my games have updates ONLY for 3.0^... What percentage of stuff in Cydia will still only work on 2.2.1? Because I don't wanna find that stuff on my 3.1.2, only to see that it only works on 2.2.1 and below...

Thankyou very much, and if you answer the questions, please number them as above or something so I don't get confused.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. LuffyZoro

LuffyZoro New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    1. Just click upgrade. It's faster.
    2. No, blackra1n probably won't work in the future.
    3. No, except for when you run it. You see his picture then.

Also, nearly everything works on 3.0, and most things work on 3.1.2.
  3. CheeseBurgerMan

CheeseBurgerMan New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch