iOS 4.0 Questions before jailbreaking / upgrade to 4.0

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by jonmchugh, Jul 16, 2010.

1. jonmchugh

jonmchugh New Member

I have a Ipod touch 3g 64 gb model. My model # is MC011LL. As of right now, I am running on 3.1.3. I have it jailbroken thanks to spirit. From what I have read, I need to downgrade to 3.1.2 before I start off. I also no that I have to save my SHSH blobs and I found this useful guide:

http://www.iphonedownloadblog.com/2010/05/01/save-shsh-blobs-autoshsh/

I am really thinking about just waiting until a easy unteathered jb comes out. However, I really want to upgrade to 4.0.

Thanks for the help!!
  2. mikeac

mikeac Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You didn't save your SHSH blobs on 3.1.2, so you currently cannot jailbreak. However, if you want to upgrade, go ahead. As long as you saved you SHSH blobs, you can always downgrade back to 3.1.3. If you want an untethered jailbreak, you might be waiting a bit longer than you think.
  3. jonmchugh

jonmchugh New Member

oh okay. so I just can't downgrade to 3.1.2 save my blobs then do the upgrade? I got my touch with 3.1.3 on it. So I have to wait in order to jailbreak then?
  4. BlackBurningIce

BlackBurningIce New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    the point of the blobs is to enable downgrade. Every firmware needs to be signed or it won't run. Apple stops signing everything except the latest version. The blobs from saurik's server or your computer (depending how you backed up) will "sign" the firmware and allow a downgrade. without the blobs you cannot get back to the specific firmware.
  5. jonmchugh

jonmchugh New Member

So if I am getting this straight, since my Ipod came with the 3.1.3 I can't go back to the 3.1.2? I wouldn't be able to restore my Ipod touch to the 3.1.2 firmware, jailbreak that, save my blobs and then upgrade to 4.0?
  6. theiThemer

theiThemer Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    No sir.