iOS 4.1 Questions after my jailbreak.

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by bkribbs, Oct 12, 2010.

1. bkribbs

bkribbs Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Ok, I jailbroke with Limera1n a few days ago. I have a few questions about some stuff.

• I found the .plists for the iPods and iPhones. Why is there not a 4G iPod Touch? I have N18AP which is 3g. I also have the one for the 2G iPt, and all the iPhones. So every device but the iPt 4.
    • I was reading some .plists to see if there were any addable features. What is opengles-1 and opengles-2? Also what are: telephony, wildcat, and hidpi?
    • I was going to try to get the sms app to show up. I edited n18ap, and added the sms key, and then added the icon I thought, resprung, and it didn't show up. Is there a good tut out there?
    • Where are the files that the .plists reference like com.apple.mobilesafari?
    • Why in the .plists for each device is there one that say's marketing name? What is the point? And what is the difference between that and device name?
    • Also, in the plist, what are the tags dict and array? Someone have a site to point me to to see how they are used?

Thanks. Just help with what you can.
  2. bkribbs

bkribbs Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Even if you only answer one, please help...
  3. RubyRa1n

RubyRa1n Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I don't think you can get the SMS app to appear if you could then the apple peel 520 wouldn't need to make their own SMS app. And telephony I think is the telephone app?
    But if u want some answers to .plist questions there is a guide to deleting un needed plists and u can probably get some answers there.
  4. RubyRa1n

RubyRa1n Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
  5. bkribbs

bkribbs Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Well I know the SMS app wouldn't work. I just wanted to see if I could get it there. And thanks for the link.
  6. RubyRa1n

RubyRa1n Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Oh all right. But just wondering (not in anyway criticizing) I just want to know what did u think would be there? Blank app? Don't take this in a bad way I'm just curious
  7. bkribbs

bkribbs Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Well if I got all the files and everything, I would assume I could get the icon there, but that it would either crash when I open it, or open, and just not let me send texts. It was just something I want to do just to see if I can.
  8. RubyRa1n

RubyRa1n Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    oh all right.