Questions about this new ipod i got.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by shady313, Mar 11, 2010.

1. shady313

shady313 New Member

So i traded a friend of mine my old 1st gen beat up 8 gb ipod touch +40 bucks for his 3rd gen 8 gig ipod touch.

My question, is the 3rd gen 8 gig model exactly the same as the 2nd gen just with an updated firmware? There is no improved processor in the 3rd gen 8 gig model, correct?

Now my 2nd question, is 3.1.3 jailbreakable or do i have to downgrade to another firmware? Im in no hurry to jailbreak so should i just wait it out?

Thanks alot guys!
  2. dunuck

dunuck Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    1 Correct, the 8GB models is EXACTLY the same as the 2nd gen, NO improved processor

2 Yes you CAN downgrade using ipod 2G firmware, put your ipodm in dfu mode and sh*t+restore to the 2G ipod 3.1.2 fw

If you need any help send me your msn address or aim and i will add you
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    NOTE: 3rd gen 8 gig ipod has a new bootroom= tethered jailbreak
  3. Nobber

Nobber New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    1. Yes, it is the same, only with reduced market price. Also, it is tethered jailbreak for 3.1.2. Many jailbreaking programs say that they can't jailbreak MC model Ipod Touch 3g, which is the ipt 3 generation 8 gigabyte.
    2. 3.1.3 jailbreak is availble for ipt 2 gen, MB model, but since yours is MC, it won't work. Just be patient, or downgrade firmware.
  4. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    The 8GB model can be downgraded with a 2G 3.1.2.......