Questions about the Ipod Touch 3G before buying it

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by LeNoube, Jul 20, 2010.

1. LeNoube

LeNoube New Member

Hi everyone

Please Register or Log in to view images

I really would like to buy an Ipod Touch 3G 32GB in August for my birthday but I have some (stupid) questions.

1. Is it possible that the Spirit jailbreak fail because of the touch itself (hardware problem) ?

2. If I buy it, I guess it will come with the firmware 3.1.3. Is it possible that Apple "updated" the touch so it will block the jailbreak ? I mean, does the Spirit jailbreak still work normally even with a new iTouch 3G ? Is it still jailbreakable ?

3. Does the jailbreak make it slower to syncronize ?

4. I'd like to put high resolution photos in the touch but i know that iTunes "optimizes" them and that the native photos viewer doesn't display high res photos.
    I think that the solution is to put the photos by SSH and view them with iFile...
    -Is that a good solution ? Does that work ?

-Does iFile take like 5 seconds to open the high res photo or is it faster ?
    -Is there an app like iFile but for the photos specifically ?
    -Is there a way to make the native photos viewer read high res photos without it reducing quality and resolution of the photo (even without iTunes "optimization") ?

5. I don't know if i should wait the ipod touch 4G release (surely in september) or buy the 3G in August but I think I won't be able to wait so

-Is the battery good enough or does it suck ?

-The only interesting features for me for the probable new itouch 4G are the high resolution, the retina display, the improved battery life and the gyroscope. Maybe I should wait ? Or is the touch 3G good enough ?

6. I love how it's easy to change a song and volume with my ipod nano 3G in my pocket without looking at it. My question is... Maybe after some time you are used to changing a song with the itouch so you can skip a song, return to the previous one, change volume... in your pocket ? without looking at it ? (PoketTouch does not interest me because it drains a lot of battery...)

7. Does MC models have more "features" than non-MC models ?

8. Ah, I almost forgot... I don't have wifi at home... Is the ipod touch 3G still worth it ?

9. -How to install apps with Cydia without wifi ? Cyder ?
    -I think that after installing Cydia I have to do an "essential update", no ? How to "update" Cydia without wifi ?

Thanks in advance if you answer to these questions, the answers may be obvious but i want to be sure the iTouch 3G is really worth buying

Sorry if you don't understand what i mean, i don't speak English very well ^_^

LeNoube
  2. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    The iPod touch 4 will probably be annoucned in September fyi... You may want to wait for that as you'll see 3G prices dropping rapidly around this time as stock is cleared.
  3. LeNoube

LeNoube New Member

I just hope I will be able to wait... I'm so impatient ^^'
    Thanks anyway

4. HeadReaper

HeadReaper Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Just to answer your questions anyway:

1. No
    2. Possible, not likely. Yes it's still jailbreakabke
    3. No
    4. I'd say so. I have no idea about those other ones.
    5. The battery life is great for me. Depends on how you use it. For you I'd recommend waiting for the 4G
    6. Yes, doesn't take long at all. And with the mic headphones it comes with, makes it even easier. Volume and play/pause right there by your face.
    7. Besides being able to support wallpapers and multitasking in OS4, software wise no difference.
    8. Absolutely (still recommend the 4G for you)
    9. I've heard about cyder but never really knew what it was, sorry. Go to a friends/relatives house with wifi? Coffee shop, fast food place (chic-fil-a, mcD)?
  5. RandomEskimo

RandomEskimo Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Wow lots of questions, I've been very happy with my 3G touch and highly recomend one. Also the standard headphones can play, pause, skip and change volume thanks to the iphone remote. I bought a set of HD earphone for mine, it cost a little extra but I got them with the remote built in.

Also go into your city/town and search around for a free/unsecured wifi, in a large enough town/city they can be easy enough to find. In my towm there is one near the donut king, which is awsome for having a milkshake lol.
  6. LeNoube

LeNoube New Member

Ok guys. Thanks for your answers