Questions About Sound Quality of iPod Touch 3g

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Monahans, Dec 9, 2009.

1. Monahans

Monahans New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    First let me say that I am a new member. I have always used Creative Vision M and X-Fi but have been having problems with the X-Fi and will probably join the iPod world. I listened to my son's Touch 3g and I thought the sound was darn good on the iPod.
    Everywhere else I have read say's the sound of the Touch cannot compare to the likes of the Cowon S9/Sony 1060/Zune HD etc. I am using a Headstage Arrow portable amp and ATH ES7 and Sennheiser HD25 headphones so I feel these headphones will put out pretty good sound.
    I guess what I am asking is why do so many other's bash the sound of te Touch? What do you feel the quality of the sound is on this iPod? I hope my question makes sense.
  2. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

I've never really seen anyone actually bash the iPod Touch's sound quality. I've heard that the Zune HD is actually better in sound quality, but I don't have a Zune HD so I can't actually compare them.
  3. Monahans

Monahans New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    After being on sites like Anythingbutipod/Epizenter/Head fi etc. They often say that sound quality is the low selling point of all iPodsfeatures are great but sould is lacking etc. I am just looking for opinons from people who actually own the iPod to see how they feel the iPod stacks up in sound quality. Please, I am not trying to start a war here just want other people to state their opinion on the sound quality.
  4. revmike

revmike New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Don't listen to others opinion, just let your own ears be the judge.
  5. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I do think that I can tell a difference in sound quality between the iPod touch 3G, and my friends Zune HD. Its pretty easy to tell, actually.

However, I'd like to point out that the criticisms of the iPod's sound quality (1.) originate from the crappy headphones its shipped with (they are terrible), and (2.) depends heavily on the type of music you listen to.
  6. Monahans

Monahans New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I guess I will take the advice from above and since I thought it sounded pretty good I will buy it. I agree that with good headphones it makes a big difference of course. Hell at 62 you would think I couldn't hear anything anyway but I sure can. Does anyone think that the line out dock makes enough of a difference with a good amp to drive these with even better sound quality?