Questions about selling iPod

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Bl1tzkrieg, Sep 26, 2010.

1. Bl1tzkrieg

Bl1tzkrieg Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I want to sell my 3rd gen 8GB on ebay, I'm thinking of starting the price at $130 (Sound good?) And after i sell it, i want to upgrade to a 4th gen 32 Gb to fit all of my music and 144 apps (Mainly games

Please Register or Log in to view images

)

1. I have an ebay account, but no credit card. Do you need a credit card to sell and ship the product to someone?

2. What are some of the main defects people are getting? Other than the light problem and overheating.

And 3. Should I just wait until these problems are fully resolved before purchasing a 4th gen?
  2. SwiftSkii

SwiftSkii Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    0.Yes it does sound good
    1.Well, you need a PayPal, and you can link that to your bank account instead of credit card
    2.The clicking sounds in video. I think thats it...
    3.I don't think they will be resolved. Maybe in the next gen, but not in fourth gen.
  3. Swift

Swift Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    You won't get $130 for it. Maybe $110 if you're lucky.

1) When you become a seller you'll need to:
    • Provide us with a valid credit card, debit card, or bank account information or become ID Verified.
    • Let us know how you would like to pay your seller fees.
    • Select the payment methods you'll accept.
    • Make sure your Feedback Profile is public.
    Source: http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/sell-getstarted.html

2)
    Source: http://www.ifans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2364693&postcount=2

3) No.
  4. Bl1tzkrieg

Bl1tzkrieg Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    @Swift How is there a possible chance of DFU? Does it randomly happen to unfortunate people?

And i have a paypal account, but it isn't linked to bank accounts. I have money on it from those pre-paid card things.
  5. Swift

Swift Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    As long as it's verified, you should be okay. You also have to upgrade it to premier (free).

And I don't know anything about the DFU. Sounds like a silly problem, since if you're in DFU just restore it, or reset the iPod and it should boot up.
  6. Bl1tzkrieg

Bl1tzkrieg Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    My account is now at a premier account (I had no idea that you could do that lol)

That is the first time i have heard of a DFU problem.. But you could just force it out of DFU mode couldn't you?

Oh and would my Belkin Silicon case fit onto the 4th gen?
  7. www719

www719 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    my advise is,, selling it locally,
  8. It's a 2nd generation.
  9. Relapse

Relapse Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Believe it or not, but if you start the bid at $0.99, and if the shipping isn't that expensive, then put it Free Shipping and that should get you even more bids and more money. Believe it or not, you'll get better results, trust me. But if not, you could always try something like craigslist. Just my 2 cents.
  10. Eddiewattz

Eddiewattz Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    as far as creditcard, for paypal you can use those prepaid GIFT cards, personally I have succesfully added a AMEX 25$ gift card to my paypal. I know some gift card brands will not work (like maybe allaccess?) but the official AMEX worked (purchased from giant eagle). And for price, I sold my 2g ipod touch with all the original stuff & a zagg shield installed for $150 a few days ago on craigslist, so your mileage may vary