Questions about Saurik's guide to "Upgrading the iPhone Toolchain"

Discussion in 'iOS Development' started by mohitd2000, Sep 18, 2010.

1. mohitd2000

mohitd2000 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I am running a Linux Ubuntu machine and so I am forced to resort to building the iphone toolchain. I have some questions about Saurik's work at http://www.saurik.com/id/4/. I just get VERY lost in the part that starts with:
    Code:
    mkdir -p "$(dirname "${sysroot}")"
    cp -aH "${iphonefs}" "${sysroot}" 
    cd "${sysroot}" 
    rm -rf usr/include 
    cp -a "${leopardinc}" usr/include 
    cd usr/include 
    ln -s . System  
    cp -af "${iphoneinc}"/* . 
    cp -af "${apple}"/xnu-1228.7.58/osfmk/* . 
    cp -af "${apple}"/xnu-1228.7.58/bsd/* . 

What is that all about? Where are all of these files and directories? I do have the all of the XCode .pkg files. Can someone please clarify where all of these files are found? And what is ${apple}'s value? That is undefined. Can someone please help me?
  2. exit1010

exit1010 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Ok so I assume you need to go into terminal on the linux machine and type them up one at a time.
  3. NolesFans

NolesFans New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    it is a bash script.

there is
    export iphonefs=/home/saurik/iPhone-1.1.4 export target=arm-apple-darwin8 export leopardsdk=/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk export leopardinc=${leopardsdk}/usr/include export leopardlib=${leopardsdk}/System/Library/Frameworks export iphoneplt=/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform export iphonesdk=${iphoneplt}/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS2.0.sdk export iphoneinc=${iphonesdk}/usr/include export iphonelib=${iphonesdk}/System/Library/Frameworks
  4. mohitd2000

mohitd2000 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Well obviously its bash. Thanks anyways, but I understand it now after my first full night of sleep. I have to extract the ENTIRE (or at least most of) XCode DMG and all the .pkg files. Then the script makes MUCH sense. BUT what is the
    Code:
    ${apple}
    variable?