questions about my ipod touch 2g battery...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by gordesky1, Apr 18, 2010.

1. gordesky1

gordesky1 New Member

ok it seems like my jail broken ipod touch 2g battery is on its way out..

heres the problem for the pass week i notice something was wrong when my ipod touch 2g will drain its battery overnight from 100 too 9%.. usely i could go for couple days with out charging it.

and if i play a game on it will drain really fast like it will eat up the battery from what it looks like by the % dropping in 1hour...

music playing isint bad i tried just leaving it play mosty all day playing music threw its speaker and it lasted around from 2pm too around 4 or 6am.

than when i go too it with out charging sometimes it will show it has 60 too 80% battery life than when i pop on some music it will just shut off and the battery is 100% dead..

so now what i want too know is this a battery problem?

i was thinking maybe something got mess up on the jailbreak tho i had it jail broken for about year or 2 with no problem.

but i really don't want too go threw the jail breaking again.. and find out it wasn't the problem..

i was thinking of just taking it back too wall mart sense i have a 3year warranty threw them too swap it for the 3g but what is the chance of getting a jail broken ready 3g?

cause i herd the ones with the 3.1.3 cant be jail broken yet and ony the 3.1.2 can but have too connect it too your computer too boot it each time you turn it off which isint a problem for me but i just want too have a jail broken touch

Please Register or Log in to view images

thanks

2. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Though the battery itself could very well be dying, you need to cut down on processes that are running in the background.

For starters, if you have a theme and SBSettings installed and running, remove them. Anything else that runs in the background that you have should also be disabled.
  3. gordesky1

gordesky1 New Member

hmm i do have a theme and Sb Settings tho i always had them sense i jail broken it.

right now i just removed all themes and gonna run a clock app with the screen on and see what it gets.

i report back

hopefully it will be ok..
  4. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    you didnt have to delete the themes, all you could have done is turn off winterboard mobile substrate and turn it on when you need it.
  5. gordesky1

gordesky1 New Member

ya i didn't delete them just turn them off so they not active

hmm turn off winter board mobile substrate is that a new setting or in a new version? cause i don't see a setting anywhere for that.
  6. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    sbsettings more, then mobile substrate addons
  7. SoBe

SoBe Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    How many mobile substrate addons do you have?
  8. gordesky1

gordesky1 New Member

all what running on mine is sbsettings.

so far while running the clock with the screen on the % shows 72 from 86% which is about 50min ago does that sound right?

oh and why it started out as 86% is because i was playing a game for about 15min from 98% too 86% it dropped too not sure if that's good or what..
  9. SoBe

SoBe Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Are you sure it's just sbsettings. Do what J-Phone said. Open SBSettings, go to more, then mobile substrate addons.
  10. gordesky1

gordesky1 New Member

oh didn't see that post..

lol

just checked now and the 3 that pops up is backgrounder winter board and libhide