Questions about music and jailbreak apps

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by tynimart, May 23, 2008.

Which is the best jailbreak?

1. ZiPhone

2 vote(s)
  2. iLiberty

1 vote(s)
  3. Pwnage

1 vote(s)
  1. tynimart

tynimart New Member

May 22, 2008

1. Is there a way to move music that wasn't "purchased" from my ipod touch (1.1.4) to my work desktop? I want to restore and jailbreak again. I don't have most of the music on my work computer....

2. I am trying to get the ebook application to work and I've tried it all. So, I want to restore my ipod and re-jailbreak. I am working off of a Mac. What's the best way to jailbreak? iLiberty, ZiPhone, pwnage???

Thanks to all that answer!!!
  2. lauNchD

lauNchD Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2008
    Pwnage has the best "idea" behind it, installing a pre-jailbroken firmware via iTunes, but it messes around with the iPod's bootloader and can "hardware-brick" it. That means you can't even boot into recovery or DFU mode.

iLiberty, after that, is the best jailbreak solution, because it doesn't "force" things on the iPod like ZiPhone (BSD subsystem instead of Cydia, etc) and has more possibilities (moving wallpapers etc). If you want to unlock an iPhone, DEFINITELY use iLiberty, it installs the 3.9 FakeBlank bootloader, which means you can easily upgrade to a locked original Apple 4.6 if you want to return it.

ZiPhone is also a pretty good jailbreak utility. I used it before and it worked fine for me, but now I'd use iLiberty anyway because it's safer.

EDIT: Whoops, you don't have to read the unlock part, you have an iPod touch ;-)