Questions about jailbreaking.

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by one2many, Jun 21, 2009.

1. one2many

one2many Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    1) I heard that a jailbroken iPod Touch drains battery faster than a nonjailbroken touch is there any truth behind this and if so how much faster?

2) I also read it voids your warranty that comes with the iPod again is this true and say if I dejailbroke(?) my touch would I get it back? And what about the 2 year warranty I purchased would that also be voided? This is the number one thing from stopping me because if my parent's found out they'd be mad... Oh and if it did break I would be taking it into Best Buy to be replaced and not an apple store.

3) Besides 3rd party apps and customizing the look what else can be done?

4) If something went wrong in the jailbreak process or along the line could it be fixed? Don't tell me how just yes or no. I would come here asking how if something did go wrong

Ya I guess that's it...

Oh and is the 3-4 black pixels around the edge of the ipod touch screen normal?
  2. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    1) It does if you have loads of background processes running, I never really notice a dramatic decrease in battery life though. (Its never really gone below 50%)

2) Yeah you would get the warrenty back, Apple will never know you jailbroke

3) Full read/write capabilities
  3. one2many

one2many Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Alright so if it broke I could just restore it, take it into Best Buy and have it swapped out and all my warrantys (1 year in store and 2 year geek squad warranty) woulds still be just fine? If this is the case I'm considering it A WHOLE LOT morre. I suppose what they don't know won't hurt them.
  4. darkluciferman

darkluciferman New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    if something "bad" does happen in the process of jailbreaking SEARCH before ASKING
  5. one2many

one2many Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I know I usually do. Like I spent an hour searching about those questions and got results but I posted here for assurance.