questions about jailbreaking my itouch 2nd gen

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by SgT DoPeY13, Jun 7, 2009.

1. SgT DoPeY13

SgT DoPeY13 New Member

OK

first Ive tried to jailbreak using quickfreedom v1.1.1 on my XP that has SP3 and the LIBUSB would not say that its installed after installed it. then i went to FAQ and that version of LIBUSB isn't compatible with SP2 so maybe can someone find me a link to a SP3 LIBUSB? so i tried to do it on my other computer with SP2 everything worked till i had to put it into DFU mode and my computer wouldn't recognize it as it being in DFU mode but i took it to my other computer it had a bubble pop up saying "APPLE IPOD RECOVERY MODE (DFU)". i thought about skipping the DFU and pre-jailbreaking and just installing the custom firmware will that mess up in anyway? and is the DFU and pre-jailbreaking neededOR RECOMMENDED? or what im a noob at this jailbreaking stuff so help me out. PLEASE!
  2. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Here you go.

www.redsn0w.com

Doesn't use LIBusb so it cannot mess up your usb ports.

Its a 2 step jailbreak that leaves everything on your ipod.

You will always need to do DFU btw hahaha and the pre-jailbreak steps.
  3. Thoward3

Thoward3 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Does jailbreaking mess with firmware?

i jailbroke my 3.1.2 2 generation ipod with blackrain. but does it mess with the firmware or something inside the ipod that can do any type of damage? and does restoreing fix it? Because i overheard a conversation at an apple store and the employee said that apple does not reccomend jailbreakeing because it messes with the firmware. Just checking in on these questions. thanks
  4. Matt-09

Matt-09 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Of course an Apple employee would say they would not recommend jailbreaking, that's common sense. In reality though, even they jailbreak their iDevices. They say that because it breaks the EULA.

blackra1n does not require DFU mode.
  5. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    ^how do you know that apple employees jailbreak their devices?