Questions about Jail Break

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by AVT, Jan 24, 2010.

1. AVT

AVT New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Well, I got an iTouch 3G with 32gb in September. The software version is 3.1.1. I have been waiting for a long time for the untethered jailbreak and have decided to go tethered.
    I have no experience at all with this.

-I only press the black button on top so I never power off my iTouch so will I ever have problems rebooting?
    -When I JB will I lose my music and files on it?

Thanks in advance!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. g0dless420

g0dless420 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    1- Pressing the black button on top for a quick second is only putting it into 'sleep mode'. No rebooting involved. When you download things like Winterboard or other programs on Cydia you still do not reboot..instead you 'respring'...which is safe and you WILL NOT need to run blackrain again to do so.

2- No you wont lose anything, in fact you gain things via the apps/programs you download via Cydia.

Happy jailbreaking.
  3. AVT

AVT New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Thank you, I'll jailbreak it when I have the chance. Would it run slower though or encounter problems if I do everything correctly?
  4. g0dless420

g0dless420 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Honestly I havent noticed any decline in my performance, though I dont run any processor heavy apps to begin with. Even with backgrounder running (so you can run multiple apps at the same time) the performance is great.

You shouldn't have any trouble at all. Just make sure you read the guides through before you do it (most people forget that they need to run blackrain twice, once to JB, and once to reboot).
  5. SoBe

SoBe Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    you should have no problems with performance since you have a 32 gig 3rd gen ipod touch.