Questions about itouch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by spectre1, Sep 16, 2009.

1. spectre1

spectre1 New Member

Sorry if these questions have been asked before, Im not new to forums just new here and I dont exactly know how to phrase certain things in the search section, so please dont get 2 ill. Ive had a 30gb ipod for about 3 yrs now and life is good. I use Anapod instead of itunes and Im very satisfied w/ anapod but as you know it doesnt support itouch ( at least not yet ) but as Ive found out on here there are other avenues other than itunes that will suit my needs just fine. So heres my questions.

1. Is there that much diff in the 2nd and 3rd gen touch? I know the 3rd has BTth but I dont realy care for that and I know where I can get a pretty sweet deal on the 2nd gen but by the same token I dont want to miss out by not getting the 3rd.

2. I know the 3rd gen touch will or should work w/ my existing "ACCS" ( home dock, car dock.......) but I know it wont charge the 3rd gen which realy sucks to me. But will it charge the 1st or 2nd gen? And is there a way to get them to charge the 3rd gen?

3. Last but not least, when I buy "Apps" will I have to transfer them through itunes ? Or can I do them wirelessly if Im online?

Thanks for your help. R.K.
  2. Amelia_

Amelia_ Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    1. not much difference, besides capacity and price

2.yes accessories will work. don't know about charging.

3. no, you can purchase applications on the device.
  3. MegaDell

MegaDell New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    3G has a faster processor and more capable..graphics card? Graphics software? Whatever, it's faster and provides better frame rate and objects on screen than 2G.
  4. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    the new ipod touch is going to be a lot faster to load apps and use them. But the 2G is still very fast. Otherwise, there isn't much of a difference.
  5. spectre1

spectre1 New Member

Thanks for the anwsers guys, any thoughts on the docks and my charging issues? R.K.
  6. Tsukoi

Tsukoi New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I doubt it will charge.
    I use an iPod Classic dock, with a iPod Touch 2G Dock Fitter to play my Music through my bedside speakers, and whilest doing so it doesn't charge.

I doubt using a 3G iPod Touch with a previous iPod accessory is going to CHARGE,
    But it will work.
  7. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    A lot of older docks might not charge the 3G since it uses a different battery. Also, the iPod touch (I believe) does NOT support audio-out through the headphone jack.
  8. touch_iPod

touch_iPod Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Hmmm, audio-out with an aux cable right? It works with my 2G iPod touch though, I usually connect it with the cable connected to my car radio and the sound plays beautifully...

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Yeah, maybe that's something that they added to the 2G because I had the 1st gen and it didn't work except through the dock.
  10. akusokuzan

akusokuzan New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    My 1G works with the aux cable in my car....