iOS 3.1 Questions about 3.1.2 Functionality with Jailbreaks

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by EurekaElite, Oct 21, 2009.

1. EurekaElite

EurekaElite New Member

I've been throwing the idea of getting an ipod touch and whether to get an old 2nd Gen now, or buy a 3rd Gen and wait for an untethered Jailbreak. A few questions have popped into my mind if I was to get a 3rd Gen now (Plan on getting a 32Gb).

1.Once I jailbreak with blackrain, will I be able to apply a custom theme? How does this effect the ipod after I power the ipod down?

2.I've also been reading that the hardware seems to be significantly faster than the 2g, so would a 3g be more beneficial if I wish to play games or multi task?

3.I've also read about different models for 8Gbs starting with like MC or what not for model numbers cannot be jailbroken with blackrain I guess? Does this also apply for 32gb and 64gb variants?
  2. Misk

Misk New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I can only answer your 3th question: you will be able to jailbreak a 3g ipod 32gyg with blackra1n, however it will be 'tethered' meaning you must boot with a pc.
  3. vanadium101

vanadium101 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    1: yes you'll be able to theme it, if you power off you lose the JB so you'd lose the theme too.

2: yes
  4. EurekaElite

EurekaElite New Member

So there hasn't been any 'updated' models of the 32gb 3g and 64gb 3g that prevent jailbreaking like the 8gb 3g? Yes, I realized its a tethered jailbreak as well, but does that mean it won't turn on or whatever if I turn it off and then back on?
  5. Misk

Misk New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    im wondering that aswell, if it just turns on unjailbroken i wouldnt mind having a tethered one
  6. or1onz

or1onz New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You can turn on your iPod again by plugging into your pc and run blackra1n again.
  7. EurekaElite

EurekaElite New Member

So what you're saying is, if I turn it on after turning it off, it won't even do anything? The question I have is if you do the following:

1. Jailbreak 32gb
    2. Turn it Off
    3. Turn it On (Without hooking up to PC or jailbreaking)
    4. What happens? Does it just not do anything? Or does it boot up as if it was a normal un jailbroken ipod?

Also there haven't been any reports of new ipod touch 32gb or 64gb models that prevent jailbreaking like the 8gb? I read that the new 8gb 3g are set at a minimum of 3.1.1 or something so you can't jailbreak.
  8. dimo187

dimo187 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    '3. Turn it On (Without hooking up to PC or jailbreaking)
    4. What happens? Does it just not do anything? Or does it boot up as if it was a normal un jailbroken ipod?'

I think it won't do anything...if it boot up as if it was a normal unjailbrokes ipod the the jailbreak would be an semi-tethered...(something like that when it used to be on the 2nd generation)
  9. Mr Pudge

Mr Pudge Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    okay, so id its tethered, when you turn it off, you wont be able to turn it back on until you plug it into a computer and run blackra1n.
    for your second question, the hardware is way faster than the 2g, if you dont mind waiting for an untethered jailbreak, then you should definitely get a 3g.
    and your third question has already been answered..
  10. ryanangus

ryanangus Active Member

A semi-tethered jailbreak could be released as greenpois0n lite, meaning when you try to reboot (without PC) it acts like an unjailbroken iPod

Please Register or Log in to view images