Question

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by TeckGeak101, Jul 27, 2008.

1. TeckGeak101

TeckGeak101 New Member

So.... i understand the concept that there is no image file for the black background and that it is something else.....

I am asking.... If there is no background image...... How does Summerboard or Customize make it possible?

If there is no .png or .jpg that is all black how does summerboard or customize have the power to change it?

Another question.... IF the background is black....... I heard that someone make it white..... how did that person do that?.....

Im guessing that in a plist file somewhere and inside of it. it says #000000
  2. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I think they use a script to put an image behind the icons and to change the background colour he used a hex editor

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. TeckGeak101

TeckGeak101 New Member

kk..... i didnt think about that
  4. jfb392

jfb392 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    SummerBoard and all applications like it use a dylib (dynamic library) that is loaded into SpringBoard by adding it to SpringBoard's .plist.
    The .dylib loads the images into memory after the launch of SpringBoard and replaces the originals that are in the device's memory.
  5. TeckGeak101

TeckGeak101 New Member

I get it now..... TANX ^0^