Question

Discussion in 'Pwnage and Winpwn Discussions' started by Loudmouth2332, Apr 19, 2008.

1. Loudmouth2332

Loudmouth2332 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    So I successfully pwned my ipot and installed a custom 1.1.4 firmware. All was happy and good, I downloaded a whole bunch of stuff then all of a sudden i'm getting that dreaded "Main script execution failed" message in installer. Changes permissions to 755 (recursively), restarted the ipot, refreshed my sources, nothing has worked. I can't download a thing, I can't uninstall a damn thing. I'm really pissed off about this but whatever.

My question is do I have to re-pwn my ipot to restore to my custom firmware again if I don't get this installer thing figured out or can i just restore to the custom firmware and start over again no problem?
  2. Redshift

Redshift New Member

Try this, type this in terminal:

chmod 4755 /Applications/Installer.app/Installer
    1 person likes this.
  3. Loudmouth2332

Loudmouth2332 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Now call me crazy and uninformed but why does that work and not simply setting the permissions in another program like cyberduck?

Oh, and thank you a lot man you saved me a headache.
  4. Redshift

Redshift New Member

I'm not quite sure how to explain it, but it's a different kind of permission that allows the application to have permission to do certain stuff, while regular permission setting governs whether the user can even access the program files of that application