question..

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iTouchMan, Aug 3, 2010.

1. iTouchMan

iTouchMan New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    ok i already made a thread about what happend to my ipod but i have a question, if i clicked the "Erase All Content and Settings"button under settings, does that erase any traces of a jailbreak? cause it wont reboot now and i want to send it back. any feedback appreciated.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Bl1tzkrieg

Bl1tzkrieg Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If you clicked that, you could test to see if it removes traces of a jb. But if it doesn't, then just restore the device and send it back

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. JOS

JOS Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I'm assuming that if you're restoring to a newer firmware, then all traces of the jailbreak will be gone. Restoring from a backup will leave off some traces that you did jailbreak. e.g. numeric battery from SBsettings and some internal files that were part of the jailbreak.
  4. iTouchMan

iTouchMan New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    that's the problem, it wont let me restore.. if i downloaded custom firmware could i restore to that?
  5. JOS

JOS Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Don't use custom firmware, there are chances that it can mess up your iPod. The iPod won't restore since I have in mind that the iTunes version you're using may not allow you to do so.
  6. iTouchMan

iTouchMan New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    ivtried on 9.2 and 9.0... nothing.. so should i just send it back?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    anyone?? im afraid if i send it back they will notice it has been jailbroken and they will refuse to fix it, making my parents PISSED.
  7. JOS

JOS Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Alright, screw it, I feel it's worth erasing all your data since your backups should be of 4.0 and not 313.
  8. iTouchMan

iTouchMan New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    my ipod will not turn on its stuck in recovery, possibly bricked, what i wanted to know is if i pressed the erase all content button on a JAILBROKEN ipod would it have erased any traces of a jailbreak, i dont care about getting it running right now cause i want to know if it's safe to send back.