Question

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by itouch16, Jan 6, 2008.

1. itouch16

itouch16 New Member

So other than the regular going into installer and downloading apps, I know there is ALOT MORE apps I can download, but from my computer. My question is: How do I do this and What program am I supposed to use.

New member, sorry if this is a dumb question. =]
  2. benw

benw New Member

Well, you will actually have a lot more options of apps to install from Installer.app if you add more sources. A list of sources that you can add is here.

To add the previously mentioned sources, go into Installer.app, go to Sources >> Edit >> Add, then type the wed adress of the source. If you wanted to use your computer, you could use CuteFTP Pro to access you iPod, then just drop the apps into your iPod, but this is normally more incolved than just adding more sources in Installer.app.

Hope this helps!
  3. homeruntilly

homeruntilly New Member

when people join, they should be bombarded with pop-ups saying to search before they post!
  4. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

A lot of people do. But because the search function is not that great, and the board is cluttered with many useless threads, they can't find what they are looking for, adding to another useless thread!!!!!

[sorry for the rant]
  5. itouch16

itouch16 New Member

Yeah, I knew about the sources. Thanks for that link though!

Please Register or Log in to view images

So if I use that CuteFTP program I just look for things to use with it such as ROMS and themes?