Question

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Mz8691, Aug 2, 2009.

1. Mz8691

Mz8691 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well, I have a couple Questions to ask about the iPod Touch 2g.
    My B-day is in a couple days and i might get the ipod touch, i already have all the jailbreak programs and files.. Games, Apps Ect, Even bought Apple Headset with Mic. lol so im pretty ready even book marked alot of ipod hack links and tuts. Just thinking. should i jailbreak it first out of the box? i have the 3.0FW. should i upgrade for redsnow? idk. i heard i will loose all my data anyways if i jailbreak so i thought that would be a great idea. Im not a noob to the hacking scene. i was huge on the PSP home-brewing/hacking for a while so i sorta get what a jailbreak is. but yes it is a different format and hardware. I read somewhere i have to use a FTP to add files ? im confused. im like 95% ready. i get most of it. but i dont even have the Ipod yet lol. Well thats all i can think of for now.

Thanks,
    Matt Z.
  2. pwnthe2G

pwnthe2G Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    upgrade to 3.0, jailbreak, run Cydia and see if it works OK, if so, sync apps and games and whatever, jailbreaking does not delete anything at all, old versions of it did.

Also, SSH adds files to the ipod over PC/Mac, if you have wifi, when you get Cydia working download OpenSSH, and then download Ifunbox for pc, im not sure what is available for mac, but search google and you will get something.

Lastly, you dont need any tutorials and crap, look for redsn0w 8.0 ******* download, get it, then follow the programs instructions, best way possible and simple.

If i missed anything just tell me i dont think i did though

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. matt1308-

matt1308- Banned

1. There could be a 3G iPod Touch coming this September, it's not yet confirmed, but it's worth taking into consideration befoer you purchase a 2G, even if a 3G comes out and you do decide not to get it, the 2G will beome much cheaper. If i were you, i'd wait it out.
    2. Just a notice, you should read the rules of this forum, be careful not to discuss anything you may have obtained ilegally. Not saying you have, but from what you wrote... one can assume.
    3. You don't have to jailbreak straight from the box, feel free to wait if there's talk of a new firmware coming soon or whatever. As long as your media (music, video, photos) is backed up to your computer, losing things isn't really a huge issue.
    4. When you jailbreak, you use an application called Cydia to download ALL your third party applications and/or themes, though in some cases you may have to change permissions of a file/folder, or manually install a file or a theme. In those cases you do need to manually SSH into your iDevice with an FTP client such as WinSCP for Windows or Cyberduck for Macs.
    5. Good luck.

Usefull links:
    Rules
    Search
    iPod Touch 3.0 Jailbreak tutorial
    WinSCP
    2G SSH Tutorial

There are ENDLESS numbers of helpful threads on this forum, search, and you shall find.

You're welcome.
  4. Mz8691

Mz8691 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks Guys i am feeling Pretty confident about this now. =] i have everything already. Just wondering. i clicked on some of the Games (Hacked) and it went to itunes. can i just drag them over from itunes to my ipod? i also have iFunBox.
  5. matt1308-

matt1308- Banned

read the RULES!

posting or referring to illegal material is against the rules!

we are pro developer here at iPod Touch Fans and do not support cracked/illegal applications.

reported.
  6. d.wig

d.wig New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i doubt your apps were 'hacked' anyways.
  7. Mz8691

Mz8691 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    • Illegal/piracy-related discussions
    Geez, You guys like your all perfect, but we all know you do the same stuff... lame. just needed real help. not to be told whats right or wrong. i know you guys dont always pay for every little app. thats why they make apps to run apps. your gonna yell at me for nothing? come on.
  8. ben

ben Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ^ It isn't nothing. If you were a hard working developer, and you found out people were pirating your apps, would you not be pissed off? We don't discuss piracy/"hacking" here, so just get over it.
  9. Shawa

Shawa Super Moderator

Device:
    Nexus 4
    QFT

@OP iPtF will help you, only with things that should be aided. No firmware piracy or App cracking.
  10. matt1308-

matt1308- Banned

If you need real help, for this illegal act then fine, we can't stop you, but go to another forum and ask for help. We support the devs who put their hard work and effort into bringing us these amazing applications. What you do in your own time is your business, but we do not condone or support it, just don't speak about it, i'm sure there are many people on this forum who illegal obtain several applications, but they know we here think it's wrong, so have enough respect to follow this forums rules!

reported, again.