Question

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by TouchMe123, Dec 4, 2007.

1. TouchMe123

TouchMe123 New Member

Ok so ive been looking around trying to find out how to change the background and icons and all that before i get my ipod becasue i wanted to get an idea of what i was doing before i did it. I was watching a vid on youtube about changing the wallpaper and all that and i wanted to confirm if i got the basic idea of how to do it.

So if i make my own theme i put all the pictures of the icons i want in a folder, have a dock, mini dock and wallpaper as well then i FTP my folder of my theme into my ipod which then gives me the ability to select that theme on my ipod after it has been uploaded. Can anyone tell me if thats basically what i have to do to go about modding the springboard?

Thanks!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. iPodTouchProduct

iPodTouchProduct New Member

yes thats the basic of it...but just make sure you do have summerboard installed and upgraded!!! then also make sure you have either cuteftp pro or winscp to transfer the files onto your ipod... i have both cuteftp and winscp....and when i make my themes i use winscp it jsut seems to be easier

also if your making custom wallpapers and icons make sure you install imagicon! this program shapes your theme to fit on the ipod, the sizes are

wallpaper: x= 320 y= 480
    icon: x= 60 y= 60
  3. TouchMe123

TouchMe123 New Member

Yeah i downloaded imagicon today too and was playing around with it. Thanks buddy. One more question, where exactly do you put your themes folder when your putting it into cute ftp??? (thats what im using)