question yo

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by sammypwns, Apr 17, 2008.

1. sammypwns

sammypwns New Member

does anybody have the original aspen emulator? i heard that if u open up the emulator u can get app store and mobile store out of it. of course this was discovered b4 the leaked 2.0 so no 1 tried to use the apps on 2.0, only 1.1.4. but if u take them out and ssh them into 2.0 then it should work. if any one wants to extract them and pm me with them that would be great(im on tiger so i cant do it but i do hav the latest 2.0)

or to be totally legal, my contact info
    aim: sammypwns
    msn: milkygooberz@hotmail.com
    yahoo: sammy_yousif

contact me
  2. sucram6791

sucram6791 New Member

nope sorry
  3. sammypwns

sammypwns New Member

if u cant help dont post.
  4. Euroclie

Euroclie New Member

Hi Sammypwns,

As far as I ca see, the OS frameworks change with each beta release, so applications compiled for 1.2, beta 1 or beta 2 will almost certainly not work (or in the best case they'll be completely buggy) with the latest 2.0 beta 3-enabled devices.

It would be a complete waste of time to make this anyway, unless you do want to use your 2.0 device as a "normal" iPod instead of a development test unit, which is precisely what the 2.0 beta test was made for, as the local gurus (like Teslanaut & others) are trying to explain in detail all the time those days.

I know waiting isn't much fun, but except for the "joy of hacking" thing, there's really not much to gain by switching to 2.0 if you're not playing with Xcode on a Leopard Mac...

Have fun with your iPod Touch anyway!
  5. sammypwns

sammypwns New Member

if the frameworks change every release then how can a developer make an app now? wouldnt that mean that they'd have to rewrite their app every release?
  6. consume1

consume1 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    No, as xcode updates, your app will be able to run on the newer release of each beta (or you may need to change a few things). There wasn't an app store app in the aspen emulator. It was just the unix file, that relies on the frameworks to run everything else.