Question that was never answered??

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by The Crow, Apr 6, 2009.

1. The Crow

The Crow Banned

A member asked last week about Flash Player or Java, or something similar to it and someone just gave a stupid answer to just use your desktop computer! That was not the answer and I am sure someone on here knows a good answer to it, is there something similar to Flash Player/Java for playing a online video using wifi and the iPod touch? I wanted to use something like Java for NOAA, and could not use it because of no program like Java installed on my iPod touch. So if there are similar installations for Flash Player or Java, please help us.

Thanks, The Crow
  2. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

No. There isn't anything.
    iMobileCinema doesn't count, for whoever is going to say that next.
  3. The Crow

The Crow Banned

Thanks Spoon, and many people have said that and it does not work and even the Youtube video says videohamster? I don't know if that works properly, but I am open to any suggestions.
  4. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    videohamster is a website that converts flash videos into a format that the iPod can play. It is a feasible option for some popular websites, but definitely not for all of them. Also, unless you create an account (free) videohamster will only transcode the first 20 seconds, and even after you make an account, there is a 5 minute limit.
  5. The Crow

The Crow Banned

Thanks Wearmaize, good help guys!
  6. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    no problem. Glad I could help and hopefully we get Apple supported flash soon!
  7. touch_iPod

touch_iPod Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Just to drop by this thread, for all of the iPod touch's online surfing potential via Safari, how come this mobile Internet browser does not come default with Flash?

Hopefully the guys at Apple will address this slight Safari deficiency a.s.a.p...

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. jamil_d

jamil_d Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Adobe and Apple aren't co-operating properly as they should be. iPhone was released June 2007, and Flash has been an impossibility since then.

It may come out soon, but I don't see how it could work properly.
  9. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    People have said that MobileSafari is a crazy unstable browser. Also, Flash requires a butt ton of resources to render what it has to render. Add to that, websites use mainly newer and newer versions of Flash, which is optimized for the Desktop/Mobile Desktop platform, not the Ultra Mobile platform.
  10. touch_iPod

touch_iPod Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Thanks for your explanations, tesla and jamil... Very much appreciated in clearing this issue that has been bugging me for some time already!

Please Register or Log in to view images