[QUESTION] Some way to backup 1.1.1, update to 1.1.2, then restore the update?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Emanjl, Nov 11, 2007.

1. Emanjl

Emanjl New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hi guys,

Is it possible to do, say, a 'backup' of my 1.1.1 apps/settings/etc., then update to the new 1.1.2 firmware, and afterwards "restoring" my backup to keep the new firmware but my old apps?

I saw one other thread asking something like this but it was of no help to me. I really do not want to have to install/configure/etc. all my apps and settings all over again.

Thanks in advance,

EmanjL.

EDIT: Sorry the title should actually say: [QUESTION] Some way to backup 1.1.1, update to 1.1.2, then restore the backup?
  2. Snooze

Snooze New Member

http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8484

Check out my last thread, it's a very detailed and well described tutorial on how to do this. Hope this helps.
    p.s. just figured out that it's not really hacked but it is the official update. have fun ;-)
  3. Snooze

Snooze New Member

Oh just completely read your post. There's no way to create an image of your previous ipod set-up but you can however ssh into your system and copy all the files onto your harddrive and just jailbreak the ipod again once you restore back to 1.1.1. now, i hope THAT helps lol, good luck.
  4. Emanjl

Emanjl New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I thought that would be it but I have no idea which files/folders to copy without, when copying back to the new 1.1.2 firmware, will maybe overwrite important files?