Question regarding Warranty

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Phelpss, Jan 16, 2009.

1. Phelpss

Phelpss New Member

Hey all, first post here.

Please Register or Log in to view images

First I would like to say that I'm a proud 2G touch owner (Redsn0w FTW!), and that i've read this site alot, so i'm finally deciding to post.

I'm aware that jailbreaking an i-pod voids your warranty, but can apple really trace that, if there's any need to get it fixed?

If so, could a way to get around it be to smash it and say you dropped it?

As soon as I use red sn0w, i'm pretty sure I wont mess it up, because i'm pretty good with stuff like this, but i'm still just curios.

Oh, and by the way, just throwing this out here. For some reason the image at the top left corner of this website that says "Ipod Touch Fans" Bugs me. No idea why. XD

Thanks,
    Alex.
  2. joorowned

joorowned New Member

Apple cant trace that you have jailbroke your ipod touch after restore, but they can trace the last time that you have restored (i.e. This morning at 8 a.m.) So if you plan on using your warranty after your jailbroken, plan on restoring a little bit earlier than expected so they dont suspect you. You can also make up a horrid story that forced you to restore that morning.

As for smashing your ipod touch, dont do it. Apple doesnt cover stupidity

3. MikeBoi

MikeBoi New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    lol, Restore like a week before you go to the shop. And just say, like, It was playing up, I restored it