Question regarding free iPod touch w/ Macbook

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by SgtPepper14, Jul 16, 2009.

1. SgtPepper14

SgtPepper14 New Member

Hi guys, I'm new so sorry if this has been talked about already, I didn't see it anywhere..

So I'm getting a Macbook Pro for college, and was hoping to time it so that the free iPod Touch will be the 3G model. I realized now that seeing as the promotion ends in early September, they probably intentionally made it so that you get the old one.

So my options are to a) just take a 2G, likely only a few weeks before 3G comes out, b) take the 2G and pray that Apple will let me upgrade free, or c) take the 2G, sell it on Craigslist, and use the money to upgrade with the 3G comes out.

What do you guys think/know about this issue? Anyone know what Apple has done in past years regarding this promotion? Thanks.
  2. SuperNova

SuperNova Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    apple will not let you update for free. they will laugh in your face. its what the tricky evil people at apple do.

take the 2G, sell it on craiglist, make some good cash, get a 3G.
    problem solved

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. Shawa

Shawa Super Moderator

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Apple generally does this promotion to get rid of all of their stock before releasing a new model, so I doubt they'd let you upgrade for free.
    I'd take it, sell it then put the money towards 3G.

Edit - Ninja'd
  4. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Take the 2G, and DO NOT OPEN IT! Then you can advertise it as brand new, never opened, and get more for it. Also, sell it right after you receive it. You'll get more for it.
  5. Dust

Dust New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yeah apple will not let you upgrade for free lmao, they did this intentionally to get rid of any 2Gs left behind.
    go with third option, and if you dont want to use the 2G then do what JKK said and DONT OPEN IT
  6. Hellishness

Hellishness Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    c. do what supernova said.