Question Regarding FaceTime

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by KTrinh93, Sep 15, 2010.

1. KTrinh93

KTrinh93 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I don't know whether this was asked already but it didn't show up on the "similar threads" thing so here is my question:
    When you have an external microphone attached to your 4G iPod touch, (such as the earbuds with remote and mic OR some other microphone) does FaceTime automatically use that microphone or does it use the built in one? I'd like to know because I found a really cheap iPod compatible microphone but I don't have my iPod touch yet and I don't want to unnecessarily waste money even if it is a really cheap microphone.
  2. TchnclFl

TchnclFl New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I can't say for sure, but I would bet that it auto switches to the external mic, just as it auto switches to headphones from the speaker.
  3. oadam11

oadam11 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    It will use the microphone that u plug in by default
  4. KTrinh93

KTrinh93 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
  5. KTrinh93

KTrinh93 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I don't know what the BUMP policy for this forum is (or if one exists) so here's the bump.
  6. cnhardwick

cnhardwick New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Yes, but I wouldn't bother with it. The iPt4 has a built-in mic. If you are going to buy a mic, buy a pair of earphones with a in-line, that way you could use your iPod touch to make Skype calls and stuff without having to use the speaker--sometimes it's better not to broadcast your conversations to the world. Actually, you don't have to worry about too much with the iPod touch, it's speaker is too weak for even you to hear it sometimes! LOL Still that only furthers my point, earphones with a in-line mic would be a better investment--but no longer a necessary one at least.
  7. shortperson1026

shortperson1026 Active Member

Yeah that's kind of pointless... the iPod Microphone works great